From Brazil to Germany, New York to Ghana, Dialogues of Dispersal examines intersections of gender and sexuality within Afro--diasporic communities.
- Considers communities in Brazil, the Caribbean, Germany, the UK, the US and West Africa, and how they overlap.
- Contains innovative analyses of knowledge production, globalization, popular culture, identity, colonialism, maternalism, dress, and transnational networks.
- Features interdisciplinary work by both established and emerging scholars.
- Acknowledges the accomplishments and the tensions of feminist scholarship and activism.
- Encourages further research by highlighting the range of electronic research materials on African diasporas available on the Internet.