During the academic year 1973-1974, the Shelby Cullom Davis Center for Historical Studies focused on the history of popular religion, primarily in the context of Europe and the United States.
- Reform, revivalism, and iconoclasm
- Witch hunting
- Church, nation, and state
- Religious legitimacy
Davis Center Fellows
- Jay P. Dolan, University of Notre Dame
- Carlo Ginzburg, University of California, Los Angeles
- Lionel Rothkrug
- Stephen Yeo, University of Sussex, Brighton
Shelby Cullom Davis Center Volume
Religion and the People, 800-1700
Edited by James Obelkevich
Copyright 1979 University of North Carolina Press
Photo credit: "V0025811ETC" by Wellcome Library, London is licensed under CC BY 4.0. Image has been cropped.