Public History Initiative | Roundtable Discussion
Public History Initiative
Tuesday, May 10
4:30 p.m. | McCosh Courtyard
- Niya Bates, Ph.D. candidate, Princeton University
- Prof. Jacob Dlamini, Princeton University
- Dr. Isabela Morales *19, Public Historian
- Prof. Martha Sandweiss, Princeton University
- Taneil Ruffin, Ph.D. candidate, Princeton University
Reception to immediately follow. Registration not required.
The History Department is embarking on a new initiative to explore public history and to integrate it into the department’s programs. This kickoff event will feature a roundtable to open up a discussion that we hope to build on over the next few years: What is public history? Why is it important? What makes public history history different from other kinds of history? How do we “do” public history? The roundtable features five historians from the History Department who will share their thoughts and experiences in public history: Marni Sandweiss, Jacob Dlamini, Isabela Morales, Niya Bates, and Taneil Ruffin. After the roundtable, we will continue the discussion over refreshments. Please come to the opening event to celebrate this important initiative.