Jackie supports the graduate programs in History and History of Science, and assists the Graduate Program Administrator in a range of academic processes and student-life initiatives throughout the year.
See Jackie for assistance with:
- History of Science programming and events: Program Seminar, Colloqiua, and the Annual Workshop;
- recruiting initiatives for graduate programs, including the spring Hosting Visit;
- Dissertation Defenses (FPOEs);
- Dossier Services (for graduate students seeking fellowships and employment);
- HIS#411 information session series on graduate topics;
- communication strategies for the graduate audience: announcements, listservs, graduate sections of the Departmental website, and Archimedes (online resources for enrolled graduate students);
- Graduate Lounge operations: craft services, mail management, digital slideshow content, throw pillow adjustments, lighting tweaks.
Jackie holds a BA in English from The College of New Jersey, and an MFA in poetry from University of Massachusetts Amherst. When she's not engaged in the full-time operation of a humane graduate student shelter, Jackie enjoys playing with polymer clay and making a fool of herself on local stages in community theater. She joined History in 2013 and prizes a continued commitment to serving students, faculty, University guests and colleagues in furthering the Department's mission.