Be sure to attend our Open House on Monday, April 3 from 12:00 - 1:00 in 230 Dickinson Hall!
Sign-up today for an Advising Session with a History Faculty.
Sign-In Information for Class of 2025
The Department of History offers the opportunity to explore your interests through scholarly research, regular interaction with peers and faculty, and consistent support and guidance throughout your time in the department.
In addition, we offer unique opportunities such as a dedicated History Writing Group, a welcome picnic in fall, the opportunity to publish in our student-run journal Princeton Historical Review, a graduate mentor program and more.
Contact Judie Miller, Undergraduate Program Administrator OR Professor Janet Chen, Director of Undergraduate Studies, with any questions.
1. Indicate your concentration on TigerHub between March 30 - April 17 and complete your DAPF. If you plan to concentrate in History of Science, you may indicate this by selecting a sub-plan in TigerHub. The election of a sub-plan is optional; you may leave the field blank. If you are unsure about which sub-plan to elect or if you have questions, contact Judie Miller.
3.Effective January 2023, the prerequisite requirement for entering the History concentration are one course at the 200 or 300 level, and a second course recommended (but not required).
2. When you are ready to declare, make an appointment with a History adviser here. At this meeting you will:
- review the courses you have taken
- select your History courses for the Fall 2023 term
- select your History 400 Junior Seminar
PLEASE NOTE: All History Juniors must take a HIS 400 Jr Seminar in Fall 2023. You may view descriptions this years seminar choices here. You will not be able to enroll in HIS 400 until you have declared your concentration; seminar sizes are limited. In addition to HIS 400, History concentrators must complete nine additional History courses including a set of thematic and geographical distribution requirements, two junior papers, a senior thesis and senior departmental examination to graduate,
Students who are interested in History of Science and have questions prior to declaring should contact Professor Michael D. Gordin HOS Undergraduate Adviser.
If you have any questions feel free to contact History's Undergraduate Program Administrator, Judie Miller, or visit our Contacts page.
Welcome to History!